Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Wasatch Back

So, Scott and I finished our second Wasatch Back! Let me explain. It is a 178 mile run from Logan to Park City, Utah through the mountains. We have a 12 member team and each person runs 3 legs varying in length of 3 to 8 miles. We started on Friday at 12:40 p.m. and finished on Saturday at 6:30 p.m. or so. It was brutal, awesome, fun, exhausting, excruciating, and exhilarating all at once. We ran through beautiful scenery, and fully enjoyed the company in our car! Thanks Alisa, Angie, Lance and Jen!


>
This is the "pre" picture. Don't we look cute (and we still smell good!).



Scott at the starting line.



Me and my sister Angie trying to catch a little shut-eye at Snow Basin Ski Resort.



Scott passing off to his cousin Natalie who was in the second car.



Van #1 (we took this picture while Scott was out running).



A little water for Scott on his last leg.



Running my last leg.



The Trujillo sistas!



This was definitely our favorite landmark all weekend....one mile to go!!!



Here we are post race....still cute...but a little smelly!<>




Here is the entire team! Way to go Road Warriors!!!!

5 comments:

Ali Jones said...

That looks like so much fun. Hopefully I'll be able to run it next year with Erics team.

Salt H2O said...

Congrats! Quite the achievement. I'm impressed.

Jessica said...

AWESOME! I am totally impressed.

The Shill Spill said...

Muy impressed Bells! Way to go! I always amazed by your determination to do such things! I wish I had the desire and ability to achieve such greatness! :) Way to go!
Love the pictures! Thanks for sharing! :)

Faith W said...

Very impressive girl! YOU ROCK!