Saturday, October 4, 2008

I thought you said this was 2.62 miles!

We are just chilling in St. George after watching Scott run the MARATHON! For those of you that are not familiar with the marathon, it is 26.2 miles (I emphasize the .2, because after 26 miles that .2 is KILLER!). It is a grueling test of mental strength, physical endurance, and sheer will to finish. I am so impressed with him! He did awesome despite St. George record lows and pouring rain for 5 hours (we finally saw blue skies as he finished!).

The kids even endured the rain to watch "daddy" run! Scott's parents and my parents and sister were the rest of our cheering squad.

We also cheered on Scott's uncle, Brent, who qualified for the Boston Marathon by running a 3:31!!! Also, Scott's two cousins, Natalie and KristiAnn ran the marathon strong (even despite injuries for KristiAnn). We also cheered our fellow Crosspointe Ward members: Kevin, Ron, Maurice, Eric, and Ray! Good work all!

I am seriously so overcome with the determination of the runners I saw. They all set this goal, worked towards it, and attained it today. I am inspired by them and their examples!

Let me explain the title. My friend, Camille (her husband Kevin ran the marathon also) and I got together this week to make posters for our running husbands. Camille found this quote online that said, "I thought you said this was 2.62 miles!" I thought that was pretty funny, so I put that quote on one of my posters.

I have pictures I will post later. I just wanted to update you all.

3 comments:

The Shill Spill said...

Why didn't you run with him Britt? That's so cool that Bell did that though! I am muy impressed! Way to go Scott! Kudos to you! (That is far more than I'll ever accomplish in my running career!...Oh wait! What career!?)

Isaac, Kelsie, and Adlee said...

Good job Scott! Can't wait to see the pictures!

Ali Jones said...

I wish we could have seen you guys when we were down there for the marathon. Congrats to Scott, that is quite the feat!