Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Evolution of Captain Hook

So, Seth has been obsessed with the movie Peter Pan lately. And, who does he choose to emulate, the fun-loving Peter....oh, no, no, no. Rather, the mean-spirited Captain Hook. I don't know if I should be concerned that he always idolizes the villain of every movie. Anyways, it all started with a wire hanger. He would pull his arm up his sleeve and hold onto the hanger as his 'hook'. Well, since then, we have upgraded to an actual plastic hook (a little safer for his poor sister).

So a funny story....the other day Seth was playing with his Captain Hook and Peter Pan toys, and one says to the other, "Say your prayers." So Mia said, "Dear Heavenly Father..." and proceeds to bless our food. It was pretty funny. She takes everything literally.

Here is a collection of our hook pictures.






Mia even pretends to be Captain Hook now (although, she much prefers Tinkerbell).

4 comments:

Angie said...

Holy cow, I just laughed so hard reading this. That boy is a crack-up! I think the prayer story was my favorite. Oh Britt, I miss those tikes!

Jessica said...

too cute. and have no fear - rachel also always wanted to be the "bad girl" in whatever we were doing. and she grew up ok. =)this worked for me, of course, because i always wanted to be the princess. marielle got the short end of the stick being whoever we assigned her - villain or prince. whatever.

Nick and Megan said...

Oh the many faces of captain hook. What a kid that sethers. Keep the posts coming.

The Shill Spill said...

That is sooooooooooooooooo Awesome Britt! I looooooooooooooooove it! I love that you now have so many pictures of Seth as "hook." Can't get enough of those 'hook' pictures, I say!